Cornerstone fulfills the Great Commandment and the Great Commission by believing that the step is ours and the power is God’s.
God has called each person, church and organization to find and fulfill their mission in this short life. We must do our part by discovering what that mission is and then walking in it and He will do His part by empowering us to fulfill it.
With Christ as the Head of our church, we believe that God has called us to be…
- A vibrant, growing church with Spirit-sensitive services focused on passionately loving God and celebrating His presence through inspiring worship.
- A warm, caring church family in which people are encouraged through membership to develop a passionate relationship with God, to embrace our purpose, to love one another, and to discover and use our spiritual gifts for God’s glory.
- A strong commitment to effective ministries to children from infants through adulthood.
- A committed, obedient church that embraces God’s call to maturity via our discipleship classes and holistic small groups that encourages and guides our members to spiritual growth in Christ likeness and empowered leadership.
- A loving, compassionate church that demonstrates our love for our neighbor and focuses on enlarging God’s kingdom by supporting local, national and world outreach ministries and commissioning our people “to go and make disciples of all nations.”
To achieve this vision we continually strive to meet the following eight goals:
- Inspiring Worship – “God is Spirit and His worshipers must worship in Spirit and Truth.” John 4:24
- Passionate Spirituality – “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:11 – 1
- Loving Relationships – “A new command I give to you: Love one another. As I have loved you so you love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34 – 35
- Gift Oriented Ministry – “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
- Effective Ministries – “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4:15-16
- Holistic Small Groups – “They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all people.” Acts 2: 46 – 47
- Empowering Leadership – “… to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” Ephesians 4:12
- Need-Oriented Evangelism – “To the Jews I became like a Jew…To those not having the law I became like one without the law…I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.” 1 Corinthians 9:20 – 22
Believing God has uniquely called, positioned and equipped Cornerstone in several specific areas, we will focus our time, energy and resources on children/youth ministries, small groups, missions and worship. We will do our part by giving and committing of our time, finances and abilities and He will do His part by blessing and building His kingdom mightily in each of these areas so that other will say:
“The quality of ministry to the kids and youth at Cornerstone is like nothing I’ve ever experienced. My children were saved through this ministry but they did not stop there. The leaders were passionate about helping them to grow and mature in Christ which resulted in a strong faith in God throughout their entire adult life.”
“Getting involved in a Lifegroup really helped me mature spiritually. I feel a close personal bond with the others in my group. It is a place where I can bring my hurts and feel accepted & loved for who I am. I always leave encouraged and wanting to grow closer to my Lord.”
“I truly feel the love and support of those at Cornerstone because of their consistent prayers, financial support, cards and gifts. I have been greatly encouraged knowing that I have some faithful partners standing with me as I reach out to the lost and dying of this world.”
“Cornerstone gives me so many opportunities to praise and worship my Lord and Savior. Sometimes I sit quietly at the feet of Jesus in holy awe of who He is. At other times we make a joyful noise in celebration of His majesty and power. I can even use my creativity and talents in many of the fine arts to help draw other people to a personal encounter with Jesus!”
So, by being faithful to God’s Great Commandment and Great Commission, we have the promise that Cornerstone Church will continue to witness God’s power and His blessings.